Our Mission…should you choose to accept it (…and we hope you do!) is to provide selfless service in the community and the world through involved and engaged members.
Wow! What a great objective. Rotary is all about service, to put service above self:
- Service to our community … with hands-on service projects of all sorts, vision screening, playground building, Jefferson Awards sponsorship and many more.
- Service to our vocations and professions … including business visits, informative speakers and special vocational recognition events.
- Service to our fellow Rotarians with fun events and socializing … bowling, euchre, picnics, music, international dinners and Rotary after hour socials.
- Service to the international community … with humanitarian projects in support of clean water, literacy and disease eradication, especially the elimination of Polio worldwide.
- Service to our youth … Camp Allyn in support of children with disabilities, tutoring, educational exchanges, leadership training, public speaking and mentorship!
Why Rotary? Rotary gives meaning and context to our daily lives in business, professions and community organizations. We have a vision which is now in its second century of engaging leaders to make a positive impact on our club, community and the world.
But this is not your grandfather’s Rotary Club. It’s a mix of fellowship and fun. We’re active, engaged and connected with the people, places and events of significance to our community.
Rotary is a worldwide organization, with over 35,000 clubs and more that 1.2 million members spanning the globe. Here in Cincinnati we have the great privilege of being an early organizer…we’re Club #17. That provides us with a 105-year heritage to springboard into the future.
This year’s Rotary International President K. R. Ravidran has chosen as the theme for his year as president to be “Be a Gift to the World”. “I can personally vouch for the ability of our organization to blend commerce with cause, friendship with service, and know firsthand that each of us is lifted as we lift others.” Ravindran is a member of the Rotary Club of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Rotary is a “gift to the world” and Cincinnati club #17 is a vital part of the local, national, and international Rotary family. I invite you to join Rotary; become a part of our family.
– Bud Dornette, Rotary Club of Cincinnati, President 2015-16