Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati is celebrating its 30th Anniversary with a Women Build – 3 homes in 30 working days for 3 families and the Rotary Club of Cincinnati’s Women 2 Women Committee is planning a Hands on Service Project at one of the build sites on Saturday, May 28, 2016. The goal is not to exclude men, but to empower women. For this reason, we are hoping for an all female or predominantly female group of Rotarians for this project. The details for registering are listed below…Please read them thoroughly:
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2016, from 8:30am-4:00pm. Please arrive on time.
Group Size: 20 people. Please note, that to be present on a construction site, volunteers must be at least 16 and have a parent/guardian/adult (over age 21) volunteering with them if under 18. Volunteers ages 16 & 17 are not allowed to do roofing, demolition, use power tools, or use ladders over 6ft. At least 1 adult (over age 21) is required to accompany every 5 minors.
Location: Build site located at 2489 Wilson Ave in Colerain Township. Limited street parking is available. Carpooling is highly recommended. The Site Leader is Minnetta Synesael #513-482-5608.
Lunch: Habitat does not provide lunch/snacks. Individuals may bring their own lunches or groups may choose to provide a lunch for each of their participants. If you would like to provide lunch for the construction site leadership, please bring about 1-2 extras. We also suggest bringing a cooler full of iced drinks. Lunch is from 12:00-12:30pm.
Forms and What to Expect:
All volunteers need to register individually to participate through our easy online Sign-Up Process NO LATER THAN 5/20/16. Any spots that are unfilled as of this date may be released to the general public so that we may keep construction on schedule and get the family in their home on time.
Please wear closed-toe, closed-heel shoes for your safety. Tools, training, and safety equipment will be provided on site. Expect to have fun! Answers to Frequently Asked Questions may be found at: http://habitatcincinnati.org/frequently-asked-questions/
The *Sign-Up process (including the Volunteer Info form and Waiver form) is now all electronic!
STEP #1: To register, click on the following link: http://habitatcincinnati.volunteerhub.com/events/index
- If you already have an account, click on the green RETURNING USER button to sign in.
If you do not have an account yet, click on the green NEW USER button to create one.
- When prompted, enter Join Code: RClub Without this join code, you will not be able to sign up.
- If you are noticing the words All registration slots for this event are reserved, please continue. This event is reserved for you/your group. Once you are signed In with the Join Code, this message will disappear and you will see a Sign Up button in place of the message.
- Once you have created an account, then you are ready for Step #2 below.
STEP #2: AFTER you have created an account and SIGNED IN (Sign In link in the top right corner under the photo):
- Click on the following link for sign up to participate: http://habitatcincinnati.volunteerhub.com/Events/Event/Summary.aspx?EventID=2928751
- Click on the SIGN UP button, then follow the prompts to complete your registration and online waiver.
- Once complete, you will receive an “EVENT REGISTRATION” email with event details.
- Minors will be prompted to print out the attached Minor Liability Waiver, have it signed by a parent/guardian, and bring the completed document with them in order to participate.
If you encounter problems regarding the Sign-Up process, please contact Anna Farris, Development Intern for Habitat for Humanity, at #513-482-5644 email@example.com OR Habitat’s Volunteer Coordinator at #513-482-5614 firstname.lastname@example.org.